fly away with me

hot air balloons photographed by Andie Jael
I have a thing for hot air balloons. My coworkers laugh at me because I have been attempting to sell a hot air balloon design for about a year now ... to no avail. My interest in them started while I was having a breakfast picnic on top of the Castle Rock with my family and a balloon passed by so closely that we had a little chat with the passengers. I checked "See the inside of a hot air balloon" off of my Life To Do List, read the Newberry Medal winner, "The Twenty-One Balloons" by William Pene du Bois, and started dreaming of hot air balloon designs. Using the title "Rising Above {insert disease state name}", I've tried to sell the idea to about half the project managers in my office. Well ... until I succeed, I'll just have fun looking at them!

"The Twenty-One Balloons" by William Pene du Bois book covers
(I HIGHLY recommend!)

Travel dessert table by Sweets Indeed via Amy Atlas

cute cards by seesaw

Last night my sisters and I listened to Owl City perform my personal favorite at Red Rocks Amphitheater.


Hot Air Balloon by Owl City

1 comment:

  1. pssssst: Seesaw!! http://its-random.blogspot.com/2009/03/onward-and-upward.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...