changing education paradigms



Isn't this animation/illustration brilliant? Sir Ken Robinson is an incredibly gifted communicator when it comes to explaining the value of creativity. I was fascinated by his lecture, but absolutely frozen to my computer screen by the illustrations. I can't imagine how long this took to create. The means of communicating through illustrations supports Robinson's ideas and, as a visual learner myself, I loved it!

What did you think? Would you like to hear more? You can find more of Sir Ken's video's here and more amazing illustrations via RSAnimate by Cognitive Media here.

"Every day and everywhere our children spread their dreams beneath our feet. And we should tread softly" —Sir Ken Robinson

3 comments:

  1. It was great to watch this again. Seems to me like homeschooling could be one pretty obvious solution to this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting lecture, and the illustrations really helped in following the ideas being presented. Jeremiah, while homeschooling definitely allows more creative learning, I'm not so sure it would pass in its ability to foster collaborative learning, which Sir Ken Robinson states is the "stuff" of growth and I have to agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point! I remember thinking that while I was watching it but I forgot it before I wrote the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...