1 dress for 100 days for orphans



day 53

"Miss Elaini" is a friend of a friend (many, actually!). She's 22, loves fashion, and she's wearing 1 dress for 100 days and blogging about it. The goal of her blog is to use fashion to help orphaned children in India. Here's what she has to say:

Orphans in India can’t go to school without a uniform. Growing up surrounded by turmoil, human trafficking and loss, an education can help these orphans dream about a different life. I have been given so much that I can have “fashion,” while these children struggle to stay clothed.

Here’s the deal: I’ll wear a black dress for several months to identify with the children who only have one outfit. I’ll accessorize it in different ways, take a picture every day and blog it. Think of it as a dress marathon.

Here’s where you can help. I want to raise $50,000 for the orphans in India. I’m going to wear this dress as a reminder of these children. Through partnering with Warm Blankets Orphan Care, let’s dream big for these children ...
In the brief times I've spent with Elaini , she was genuinely lovely and also quite the talented fashonista! Here are a few of my favorite outfits so far, but visit her website to see loads more!








I was impressed with Shabby Apple for donating these accessories!

[photos belong to misselainious.com]

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 24, 2011

    Such and interesting idea, thanks for blogging it.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...