operation christmas child






This weekend my family is packing our shoe boxes so I thought I would share a few videos of Operation Christmas Child. OCC's mission is: "To demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ." I remember going to Target with my mom when we were young and painstakingly choosing each item. Of course, I always wanted my box to color coordinate. Have you ever packed a box? My favorite part about OCC is that the same box you pack arrives in the hands of a child in another part of the world. There are few other opportunities to share a gift and the love of Christ so directly with another culture in this way. We have even received letters from children in Africa who received our boxes!



This video reminds me of my dad who is not a biker, but was playing with the wooden trucks for his little boy's box last night. :)



Collection week is Nov 14-21! I hope you'll have a chance to pack a box. The "How-to"s are in the video above. Merry (early) Christmas everyone!

photos and videos belong to Operation Christmas Child

1 comment:

  1. oooh! Thanks for the info! I'm always looking for something to do with the kids to make them more globally aware and sensitive to the needs of kids around them. I'd forgotten about this one, even though I seem to remember doing it when I was younger. and I bet you TOTALLy had the prettiest box! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...