vintage colorado postcards



Colorado Springs, Colo.
Dear Thelma!
When we go out on the street we can see these beautiful mountains like the one on this card. I hope some day when you are a young lady, you can see them also. How is Tom, is he good?
Your Loving Grandmother

Postmarked Aug. 13, 4AM, 1913 

Doesn't this note whisk you away to another time and place when young girls would grow up to be young ladies?

Lexy was kind enough to include me in the swag bags that will be given out to the first 125 people at The Hello Social next week. I didn't want my business card to get lost among all of the fun swag, so I ordered these vintage Colorado postcards to attach to my cards. I had no idea how beautiful they would be! Every card tells a story of a vacation passed in Colorado. Why were Mamma, Pappa, Betsy, Mable, Miss Eliza Palver, Eva, Gram, Arnold, Thomas, Lillie and Arved visiting? Did Mrs. Crowther ever find the glasses she left on the train in Denver in 1909?

I'm having so much fun reading the cards and studying the penmanship. But I'm having the hardest time thinking of giving them away. I ended up ordering two more packages today so that I can keep all of my favorites! I love Colorado so much and I'm so happy for this little lost bit of history that made it's way to me.





Wouldn't these be great gifts for all our friends in many lands?

photos by sarah fritzler

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 02, 2013

    I am so glad I found you on the world wide web! I am getting lost in your design style, and just adore these post cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Postcards look very cool. I would like to get a discounts by Coolessay by such a postcard. But what amaze me even more - is the handwriting. It's wonderful. How can a live person write so beautiful? My handwriting looks like a first grade student one((

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 12, 2018

    If you don't mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your marvelous blog entries. post cards printing

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are direct mandate to providers and facilitators of all types of Bank Guarantee (BG), SBLC for Lease and Purchase. We engage in MTN, PPP programs, MT109, MT799, MT760, Loans, Sale and Lease of Financial Instruments. In addition we have a
    track record of 100% deliverance rate with the best workable procedures in the Financial Instruments industry. Our providers are very reliable and ready to transact.


    We have an excellent relationship with top rated banks in both Europe and Asia, Stock brokers and financial institutions all over the world. Within a short and transparent transaction period we can provide the SBLC/BG for your Heavy/Light project funding.

    We look forward to your cooperation as we establish a successful business relationship. Anticipating your inquiry

    Email: tekstructuredfinanceltd@gmail. com
    Skype: tekstructuredfinanceltd

    Regards
    David Thomas
    TEK STRUCTURED FINANCE LTD
    BROKERS ARE WELCOME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...